|In NZ with my family at Christmas time THREE years ago!
Happy Boxing Day everyone! How are we all feeling? :) Come on, admit it, you could feel better right? :)
New year is right around the corner and you could do with a little detox right about now, can't you? But do you know where to start?
Well, I compiled 11 simple ways for you to get detoxing... today. Good Luck!
1. Eliminate stimulants. To get your metabolism and digestion working like magic, the first important thing is to avoid the highly addictive foods, that are also taking up all of your energy to digest it, such as meat, refined sugars, all processed foods and yes- alcohol.
2. Get your Green on. Green smoothies (that is 50% greens, like kale and parsley, 50% fruits and some water) are full of chlorophyll and fibre to renew your weak blood cells and help rid of the old ones.
3. Fibre it up. Speaking of fibre in smoothies, this is big part of detoxing, as that is exactly what you need for elimination. Eat plenty of whole foods, especially cabbage, broccoli, apricots, papaya, etc.
4. Sweat it out. Be it a sauna, Bikram yoga, hot tub or exercise, get those pores opened up and eliminating toxins via perspiration.
5. Mineralise. We have become so deficient in minerals, that not only have we forgotten the requirement for us to function well, but what our bodies are actually made of! Start by adding Superfoods, such as Spirulina, Goji Berries and Camu Camu (Vitamic C!!) to your diet.
6. Get Drunk. On water what else? Drinking a minimum of 2 litres filtered water a day will help flush out impurities and even suppress appetite.
7. Cleanse the colon. Imagine a waste pipe the same age as you that has not been cleaned, ever. Not a good image is it? This could be going on inside your colon, stopping you from absorbing all the amazing nutrients you are trying to fill your body with. Book a colonic irrigation or buy a enema home kit to speed up your detox.
8. Practice hydrotherapy. There is no better way to wake every cell in your body up and get energised for detoxification, than taking a really hot shower to thoroughly warm up, then switching to cold for 30 seconds, repeating 3 times.
9. Dry skin brush. Our largest body organ must be ready to release toxins when we do, so don’t let it be blocked up with dry skin cells, brush your skin before showering to also get your circulation up and even reduce cellulite.
10. Smile. Stress is highly toxic and blocks all functions of our bodies, from thinking clearly to digestion food and shedding the unwanted weight. Read inspiring books, breathe in fresh air and do whatever makes you happy.
11. Go Raw! Last but by far the most vital is to eat plenty (or even better ALL) of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and sprouts that have not been cooked. These foods have not had any of their nutrients diminished in the heating process and are full of enzymes to practically digest the food for you, leaving you with plenty of energy to detox properly and reclaim your youth in the process.
If you'd like to know exactly what simple recipe to make each Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during your detox, how to spend less than 30 minutes on preparation, get the entire Shopping list written out for you and even have a choice of a Budget and Luxury Detoxer menu-
-hop on over to this page right now, where you can download a copy of 'Purified- Your Complete 7 Day Detox Program' in seconds.