The tree hugger in me just couldn't wait to get out to open nature for three full days of festivities, but the princess in me dreaded the showerless camping. In the end, it turned out that music was what everyone came to V Fest for and with an event so well organised, there is very little one can complain about.
If you've ever had the opportunity to see Calvin Harris live (pictured right), you'd know how quickly he can make the top of your list. He was certainly my favourite, so much so that I didn't even stop and think to video.
My own first runner up was Florence and The Maching, she was sensational and here is a clip..
With so much time planned to be spent camping, I knew I needed to get some serious dehydrating going on and below you can see my dehydrator full of:
Fruits (tray 1)
Granola Bars (trays 2 and 3)
Nut Clusters (tray 4 and 5)
- Soak flaxseeds overnight too, but separately in 1/4 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a Food Processer with an S Blade and pulse. [Note to pulse only, so the mixtute doesn't turn runny into a leather and you end up with a proper semi chuncky muesli bar]
- Spread the mixture on teflex sheets with a spatular, forming a large rectangle with plenty of room on the left side of the sheet. Now slice the rectangle into equal size bars and slide each along to the left to create gaps for dehydrating evenly.
- Dehydrate at 110degrees F. Transfer to mesh sheets in 3-4 hours and leave to keep dehydrating overnight
- Soak Pecans and Almonds overnight. Rinse
- Soak Walnuts, Cashews and Dates for 1 hour
- Process Pineapple, Dates, Cinnamon and Vanilla in the food processer, until the mixture turns into a sauce
- Transfer into a large bowl and manually mix in all the nuts and cacao nibs
- Spread onto teflex sheets and dehydrate at 110 degrees F overnight
- Transfer to mesh trays and dehydrate for a further 20 hours