Happy 1st December Everyone!! How did that happen again?
It doesn't have to be the official first day of winter here in UK for us to feel the full effects of it, but just look at what we woke up to this morning...
It has got to be a sign! I haven't figured out what sign just yet, but with all the fussies and happy childhood memories that snow falls with AND on the first day of winter, I am certain it is a good one!
So the count down to Christmas has begun and brought to me Fiona from RawMom.com to get my all raw all yumbo Christmas Pudding for the kids and the grown ups on Raw Mom TV and here is the video...
TANYA'S RAW FOOD CHRISTMAS PUDDING
For the Essentials
Food Processor (for the pudding)
Blender (for the frosting)
Optional: Dehydrator, Nut Grinder (for the decorations)
For the Pudding
1 x Cup Hazelnuts (soaked overnight)
1.5 x Cup Dates (soaked 1-2 hours)
1/2 x Cup Carob Powder
2 x Orange Zest
1 x tsp Cinnamon
1/2 x tsp Nutmeg
For the Frosting
1 x Cup Cashews (soaked 1-2 hours)
2 x Tbsp Coconut Butter
2 x Tbsp Agave
2 x Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 x Lemon Zest
For the Holly Decoration
4 x Kiwi Fruits
1 x tsp Chlorella
1/2 x Cup Goji Berries
- Process hazelnuts and walnuts to a powder
- Add all remaining Pudding ingredients and process until the mixture forms into one big ball or sticks to the sides. Pulse from time to time to keep the mixture on the blade
- Form into big balls and then create a flat surface for each to resemble an upside down christmas pudding
- In a blender, place all the Frosting/Icing ingredients and pulse or use a tamper until the mixture becomes creamy. This may take a few minutes
- Scoop out spoonfuls of icing and pop on top of the puddings
- Place in fridge/freezer to set for 10 minutes
- Blend Kiwi fruit and pour onto teflex sheets. Dehydrate at around 110degree F for 4 hours
- Peel off very gently so not to rip the lather.
- Sprinkle Chlorella powder on the smooth surface and rub in evenly with your hands
- Cut out shapes of a holly leaf, you may like to practice on cardboard first and when you are satisfied, place that leaf on the kiwi lather and cut around it like a stencil. Thread through a toothpick, making sure it hides at the back of the leaf and post the toothpick into the puddings
- Arrange 3 Goji berries into Icing or if you like perfectly round balls to resemble the holly berry, place all goji berries into a nut/coffee grinder, grind and roll the sticky mixture into balls
Awesome right? We think so...
|Fiona and I