Last month Elliot and I trekked to Croatia via Italy
, where we met friends, celebrated my finale of 28 days of alkalising
, beached, danced and explored a new part of the world.
Give me the beach and the sun and I'm your girl for ever.
The Island of Pag in Croatia delivered.
But I won't leave it there, I had soooo many favourites. Here's my top nine anyway...
1. The cleanest and most picture perfect ports.
2. The sunsets.
3. Scootering all over the island of Pag and coming across this view. The view!
4. The blue blue skies.
5. Friends! Having London close enough for a bunch of us to holiday together.
7. Hiring four wheelers.
8. No tides, which means you could sit on the beach with your feet in the water all day.
9. Being able to order a whole pint of freshly squeezed orange juice in most bars.
Orange juice and Croatia's abundance of oranges wasn't the only foodie highlight. Melons tasted out-of-this-world insanely good. Rock melons were like ice cream right our of the fridge and watermelons served as the best hydrating treat you could dream of.
We ate melon on its own or chopped it into fruit salads, and when I got home- all I wanted was for the holiday taste to continue, which inspired me to make this heavenly drink...
BERRY MELON SMOOTHIE | THE SKIN FOOD IN A GLASS
4 cups watermelon, chopped flesh only
2 cups strawberries
1/2 whole rock melon, deseeded and peeled
1 tbsp Acai berry powder
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high.
- Enjoy right away or freeze it in ice cube trays to use as flavoured ice in other drinks or to wizz up into sorbet.Tanya's Top Tip:
Acai berry powder is a freeze-dried result from harvesting Acai berries. These berries are a superfood full of anti oxidants, Vitamin A, amino acids, calcium and monounsaturated fatty acids, making it the ideal healthy skin food.