It’s now been exactly 10 days since Elliot and moved into our new London home and we’ve been loving every minute of unpacking, unwrapping, hanging paintings, assembling, reorganising, filling shelves, exploring our new neighbourhood, parks, transport routes, gyms and leisure facilities.
So much excitement comes with starting fresh, but I decided I am definitely no fan of packing. How is it possible to accumulate so much crap in just 2 years of living in UK, that four strong men were necessary for the move?
So what my last two weeks have been all about is de-cluttering, deciding, re-thinking, throwing away, recycling, giving away, letting go and getting back to basics.
This week’s recipe fits the theme precisely ...
THE GETTING BACK TO BASICS GREEN JUICE
I have contemplated a little about even posting it, because it is just TOO simple. You’ve all had a Kale, Cucumber and Apple juice, right? Or am I being totally ignorant to assume so?
I love this juice, because even though all three ingredients are combined, there is a perfect balance of each to still taste them individually and that is a really good thing when you’ve been over complicating recipes for a really long time to the point of exhausting your taste buds.
1 Apple½ Cucumber
1 Bunch Kale
½ tsp Turmeric powder
-Juice all ingredients apart of turmeric
-Stir the turmeric in before serving
Polly Noble came over for some juice and planning (just wait till you hear what it is we are planning for you!!! So exciting! Toooo exciting!!!) and I knew she wouldn’t just handle it, but love it...though don’t say I didn’t warn you about Turmeric in your drinks...
The taste may be a tad overwhelming at first, but you do get used to it (maybe add an extra apple to start) and just take a look at why I make this magical Indian Saffron spice a necessary part of my diet...
15 HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC
1. Bright yellow pigment contains curcumin, which is an active compound with anti inflammatory actions
2. Similar effect to anti- inflammatory drugs but without the side effects
3. A natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent
4. Good for disinfecting cuts, bruises and burns and speeds up the healing process
5. An amazing natural liver detoxifier, improving liver function
6. Helps remove amyloidal plaque build-up in brain, so praised for preventing Alzheimer’s disease
7. Helps with weight management due to its powerful fat metabolism effects
8. Amazing for treatment of inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis and acne
9. Best known for treating arthritis
10. A potent natural painkiller
11. Reduces the risk of childhood leukaemia and been shown to stop growth of new blood vessels in tumours
12. Really good for your stomach, calming gastric problems
13. Turmeric and onions combined are known to help prevent colon cancer
14. Turmeric and cauliflower combined are known to prevent Prostate cancer
15. Prevents oxidation of cholesterol, preventing your cardiovascular system
Some Turmeric straight out of the spice jar anyone?