As you guys know - in January this year my big girl turned 3 and her baby brother was born, within the same week.
I spent a couple of months in baby haven bliss, elated that breastfeeding was working out this time, focusing on consuming all the calories so the milk keeps flowing, running on love and adrenalin, getting out as much as possible to see what I can accomplish as a mama of 2, not resting when I should’ve been resting, not taking such great care of myself with all focus redirected to the kids and feeling guilt-overload when I’d go beyond the basic grooming, like spending ‘unnecessary’ time to straighten my hair.
Then three months of this sleepless-restless- guilt-packed buildup started to take its toll.
My placenta pills ran out.
My hair began falling out like I’ve never experienced before.
The postpartum night sweats seemed to be getting worse.
The daily headaches were debilitating.
My energy was almost non-existent.
My mood swings became irrational.
The snacking got out of control.
The constant reaching for quick sugars was exhausting.
The sugar cravings were uncontrollable.
I couldn’t exercise due to excruciating pain in my joints.
I was so so unbelievably tired.
And despite what everyone told me about the weight loss when breastfeeding, it didn’t seem to apply to me. I was slimmer 2 weeks after birth, than 2 months after.
Then the weight gain accelerated.
The bloating became frequent. And painful.
I developed a gut.
The day my baby boy turned 7 month was the last day of our breastfeeding journey and [interestingly] the first day of my returned period since getting pregnant.
It was also the day I decided to make a drastic change and to devote all focus to MY personal wellbeing.
I wanted to see the best in the industry and because I kept a close eye on LMS (London Medi Spa), who are Tanya’s deli’s neighbours within My Chelsea Hotel, over the many months they were building their state-of-the-art wellness department, I had no doubt they were the right fit.
That’s when I saw the LMS Wellness team and the journey to #TanyasMegaWellness began.
If you’re interested in regular updates, what tests I’m getting, how my body is changing, what results are starting to happen, etc etc - follow @tanyasliving on IG and FB or catch up on previous updates by searching the #TanyasMegaWellness hashtag.
Here’s everything I’ve done so far:
- Followed the LMS gut healing protocol for 28 days - followed Valentina's (their star nutritionist) recipe plan, was off dairy, gluten and eggs (that was the easiest bit for me:)), while taking medical-grade probiotics, digestive enzymes, GI Revive formula with L-Glutamine and Veg Meal 16g protein breakfast shake.
- Got my blood work done via LMS for the most comprehensive test available on the planet (every thyroid test is there, so is every hormone test, ultra comprehensive cholesterol measurements, even presence of female tumours!).
- Had a jaw dropping consultation with a functional medicine doc, Dr Mark Menolascino, to help me interpret the test results. Discovered I had adrenal fatigue, a gene mutation giving me high cholesterol no matter the diet, low Vitamin D, low Vitamin B12 and a lot of Candida!
- Got the highest grade supplements prescribed to me that are specific to my blood test results.
- Got back on the alkaline train to rid of the yeast. Apparently the presence of Candida is very normal for a new mother, but since I FELT far from normal, I’ve started consuming lots of chlorophyll-rich foods again- green ‘Alkaliser’ juice from my own deli, green smoothies with fresh aloe vera gel (even when on holiday in France) and adding Superfoodies green juice powder to my water. Plus the prescribed Nystatin to properly eliminate the candida.
- Committed to intermittent fasting, where I don’t eat anything past 5pm. I still consume the same amount of calories in a 24 hour period so I never feel deprived, but giving my digestion a proper break for 16 hours straight has given my entire system the rest it’s been seeking (in turn rewarding me with energy).
- Started to exercise minimum of 2 times per week. I purchased Tracy Anderson’s 90 Day Metamorphosis Omnicentric program, which is 30 mins of dance cardio and 30 mins of muscular structure exercises I can do at home. The muscular structure videos are updated every 10 days, but whenever I feel bored of the dance routine, I go for a run instead.
- LMS’s IV drips! Hands down the most effective and efficient way to deliver nutrients to your cells fast. So far, I’ve done this twice. First time was a cocktail range for my birthday (4th Sept)- Energy, Mood and Detox Infusions in one (a combo of Magnesium, Calcium, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin C, B12, B Complex, B5, B6), plus Glutathione - the most powerful antioxidant. Second time when I was feeling under the weather and got a surge of Amino Acids, Antioxidants and B Vitamins, all while giving a talk at a NZBWN Wellness Event!
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber. You sit/rest/meditate/yoga in a very cool chamber while breathing in 95% pure oxygen. I took this session at LMS right after my birthday IV drip infusion to help accelerate the delivery of all that goodness into my cells and felt BEYOND. WOW.
- A monthly 3D scan of my body. It’s a machine that takes 3000 pictures of you and reports on your posture, fat mass, lean mass, body shape rating, comprehensive measurements and the basal metabolic rate (the amount of energy your body is burning while at rest).
- Registered for the IIN Nutrition Course again, so I can immerse myself entirely in all things wellness. I’m loving all the lectures and the mind blowing new findings even more than 6/7 years ago!
- Sleeeeeeeep. Though I’m not sleeping all that much more, I am however staying in Lake’s room at the weekends now for quality uninterrupted sleep twice weekly. OMG. I don’t know why it took Elliot and I 8 whole months to think of this!
Here are some screen shots from my IG stories where I've been showing you what supplements I've been taking over the past six weeks:
I’m only 1.5 months in, but already feel transformed, like I have a new lease on life!
The weight hasn’t changed (even went up slightly), but my body fat is less and muscle mass is more.
No more bloat.
Almost no more gut.
No more joint pain.
No more sugar cravings or snacking.
No more hair loss.
No more mood swings.
My energy is back! And I’m feeling so good again!!!
I still have the results of my genetic test to study and to report to you and am yet to do a stool test, plus try Cryotherapy and complete the full course of Nystatin, Adrenal Support supplements as well as all the other supplements and now that I have more energy, I want to run more too!
So watch this space for updates.
And watch the videos on @tanyasliving IGTV plus IG stories- I get pretty raw and real there!
Do you have any questions or would you like me to connect you with the ‘by invitation only’ LMS Wellness team?
Let me know in the comments!
Always happy to spread the healthy vibes, especially now that I have my energy back to do so :))
P.S. Keep an eye out on your inbox too, as very soon I’ll be opening doors to a handful of new clients for my Wellness Coaching consultations. Sign up to my newsletter here if you're not on the list >>